N Logic Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
N Logic Studios

N Logic Studios is an independent video game company currently creating their first First Person Shooter video game.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Particle Effects For Various Things

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Particle Effects For Various Things Empty Particle Effects For Various Things Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:00 pm

DeaconSyre

Alright, we have a lot of items and almost no particle effects to go with them. From here on out this thread will try to figure out what we want to do for particle systems for all the items.

I'm going to just make a big list and we can figure out how we want to do this as we go.

Colors:
Needs Attention
Complete for Now
Partial Implementation
Needs Implementation

• Active Accessories

• Health Pack: Little + signs spawn and float up
    • Grenade:
    • Speed Boost: A streak behind you
    • Jump Boost: A streak behind you
    • Warp: A collapsing explosion, like the first half of the linked in combo explosion
    • Ammo Pack: ?
    • Stims: ?
    • Suicide Pill: ?
    • Invisibility: You disappear
    • Teleporter: Green Sci-Fi rings rise around you
    • Capture Grenade: Grenade itself, screen effect (static), pawn has shimmering effect
    • Ammo Drain Grenade: Grenade itself, screen effect (?)
    • Energy Converter: ?
    • Helm Protector: ?

• Passive Accessories - Coming Soon
  • Weapons - Coming Soon
  • Projectiles - Coming Soon

Last edited by DeaconSyre on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Particle Effects For Various Things Empty Re: Particle Effects For Various Things Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:18 pm

IanLaBrie

IanLaBrie

Here are some of my suggestions....

Health Pack: Little + signs spawn and float up
Grenade: nothing
Speed Boost: A streak behind you
Jump Boost: A streak behind you (could be same as speed boots or different color)
Warp: A collapsing explosion, like the first half of the linked in combo explosion
Ammo Pack: Ammo signs spawn and float up, similar to health pack
Stims: ?
Suicide Pill: ?
Invisibility: You disappear, I'd add the effect that makes you disappear over time and in certain areas first...like the death/gibs effect
Energy Converter: ?
Helm Protector: A scan bar that goes over them, think like the glow of a scanner that it just on the material (1 pan node + glowing bar)

http://www.nlogicstudios.com

3Particle Effects For Various Things Empty Re: Particle Effects For Various Things Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:03 pm

DeaconSyre

"Ammo Pack: Ammo signs spawn and float up, similar to health pack"

What's our Ammo symbol?

"Invisibility: You disappear, I'd add the effect that makes you disappear over time and in certain areas first...like the death/gibs effect"

The complexity required for this implementation worries me.

"Helm Protector: A scan bar that goes over them, think like the glow of a scanner that it just on the material (1 pan node + glowing bar"

I don't know what you mean.

4Particle Effects For Various Things Empty Re: Particle Effects For Various Things Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:52 pm

IanLaBrie

IanLaBrie

I was thinking the invis transition and helm protector would be material effects on the character model. I know we still don't have a robust system for playing material effects, but assuming we end up with one, then the materials would be easy to make. In fact, I already have most of the invis transition made, I was following a tutorial a while ago that made something very similar to what I was imagining.

We should also really decide on what our ammo symbol should be... currently it's an atom symbol but I think it needs an update.

http://www.nlogicstudios.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum